You just want to Check In so that you can record your time on a project, then stop the clock by Checking Out. Right? Well, this Tablet/PC/Smartphone web browser App allows you to do exactly that and with extreme speed!
The formal definition goes something like: A time clock, sometimes known as a clock card machine or punch clock or time recorder, is a mechanical (or electronic) timepiece used to assist in tracking the hours an employee of a company worked… What! Who are we kidding?
PunchClock also allows you to start tracking your time in one web browser and stop tracking in another. So, yup.. No more headaches because you forgot to Check Out. Simply bookmark the personalized URL with all your favorite mobile browsers and you are all set. Or as another option; you can use the various PunchClock Apps: PunchClock (for Visual Studio), PunchClock (Windows 8 Store), and PunchClock (Android) Apps.
This service works with your Smartphone, Tablet and your Desktop PC web browsers. Oh, and did we mention that your time is automatically synchronized with Dovico Timesheet and can be combined with other forms of time entry.
Let's get started...
- Go to the PunchClock Welcome Page
- Follow the instructions presented.
- Enter your Dovico Timesheet login credentials and you are on your way...
Once you have entered your login credentials into the Welcome Page you will be provided with your very own Unique Time Tracking URL to be used in any mobile device or desktop web browser. Hint; Send yourself this via e-mail then bookmark in your favorite web browsers so that you always have it handy. This URL does not expire or change, so keep the link handy. :)
Want to Punch Outlook? (Oops, we mean use PunchClock in Outlook. HeHe)
In Outlook 2007 or 2010 follow these steps to make the PunchClock service accessible via a Folder in Outlook:
- Copy your URL given by the welcome page after you have entered your token (or from the address bar of your browser)
- In Outlook, right-click on the root item (e.g. Mailbox – Your Name) and choose New Folder… from the menu
- Type in a name (e.g. Dovico PunchClock) and then click OK
- Right-click on the new folder you just created and choose Properties from the menu
- Click on the Home Page tab
- Paste the LINK into the Address text box (the ability to right-click and paste may not work so use Ctrl + V)
- Check the Show home page by default for this folder checkbox
- Click OK. Now every time you click on that Folder, your Punchclock will be shown.
- 11/03/2014 - Updated to use Dovico Timesheet login credentials
- This PunchClock service supports Internet Explorer 7 through 11, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari for Windows.
- You may access this service on any combination of
- SmartPhones (iPhone, Android phones, Windows Phone, BlackBerry phone)
- Tablets (BlackBerry Playbook, iPad, Android OS Tablets)
- Or Desktop Web Browsers (Windows, MAC)
- You must have Internet Access to your company's hosted Dovico service.
- This service is hosted on Dovico Servers and will be updated by Dovico as new versions are released. No user intervention is required for updates.
Developed by Gerard G.
Gerard is a senior developer here at Dovico and has contributed many Apps built in his spare time.